Sunday 4 November 2012

Filming Day

   
On Friday 2nd November I filmed my thriller opening sequence. Heather (Efa) came to my house just before 3pm so that we had a long time to shoot everything I needed. She was wearing her red coat, white blouse, jeans and boots and had her hair down - as I asked. Sean (masked murderer) was wearing his black smart trousers, black coat, black shoes and white mask. For my opening few seconds I shot the house scene with Heather. It took a total of about 20 minutes and all ran as planned. Next, we walked to the woods next to Marriotts Way which took us about 10 minutes. Once I have walked around the location that I chose to shoot in prior to this date I found the places that I wanted to set up the tripod in. When we began filming it became apparent that it was going to take a little longer than I had first anticipated due to the fact that Heather and Sean took a while to get in to the character roles that they were playing. Eventually I managed to get almost all of the shots that I wanted in time for the darkness to set in. I did experience some problems when shooting that I hadn't thought of; one being that it got darker a lot sooner than I had planned for. This meant that - as I hadn't brought a light source and due to the heavy tree coverage - I was unable to shoot a couple of the minor shots in good enough lighting. To overcome this I will try to make the clips that I managed to film a little bit brighter in editing. Another problem was that there were people kept passing where we were shooting despite the fact that the area is rarely used. This slowed us down by about 10 minutes - which would have helped when we ran out of light! One last problem that I faced was that Heather had difficulty screaming for one of the shots that I needed. Although this became a little problematic I stepped aside to let her prepare herself for the shot and (after watching the footage back) I feel that I may have gotten one scream/yell that I can use. Overall, the filming took me about 3 hours in total to finish as I had to film a couple of extra shots today (Sunday 4th November 2012) inside my house.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment