Thursday 15 November 2012

Extra Scenes

After reviewing my footage I decided to add 2 extra scenes due to the fact that I felt my thriller opening was to ambiguous. So, I have decided to add one shot of a newspaper that I made being thrown onto a table. On the newspaper there will be the headline "Masked Murderer Strikes Again". I decided to use the word "Strikes" because it is quite a vicious word so it suggests to the audience that the Masked Murderer is a violent man. Additionally, I have decided to use a template of the Daily Mail newspaper because it is a very well known newspaper. What's more the Daily Mail quite commonly reports on stories that are quite significant as it's a national newspaper as opposed to just a local newspaper. This demonstrates that the story is quite big and thus enhances the impact of the opening.

Furthermore, I have decided to add another scene after the newspaper being thrown onto the table of the Masked Murderer cutting out the article and hanging it on the wall (where he already has multiple articles of his previous murders). I believe that if the man is wearing some type of gloves it is suggested that his finger prints - and therefore identity - is being concealed. Moreover, I was inspired by the Se7en film opening to use light and dark to convey the good and evil in the MM. Therefore, I will use a shot where the light is scarce to demonstrate that he has very little good in him.

Finally, I have decided to use a closing shot of the blood running off the knife. This is the shot where the title will appear (Run). It will further enhance the red colours that convey the danger and violent nature of the MM. This will fade out to a black colour (which is where the opening ends and the film continues). Below is an extra storyboard for these shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment